Infectious Diseases Faculty Position/ Associate Hospital Epidemiologist
Baystate Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a full-time Infectious Diseases Faculty-Physician to join our Division of Infectious Diseases in western, Massachusetts as Associate Director of Hospital Epidemiology.
This opportunity will include:
- Appointment as Associate Director of Hospital Epidemiology-Infection Control: assist Director of Hospital Epidemiology at the main campus and lead the Hospital Epidemiology programs at 3 satellite hospitals. The position has 0.3 - 0.4 FTE of administrative time.
- Inpatient consultation service and the ID clinic.
- Education of ID fellows, residents, and medical students.
Depending on the interests and experience of the candidate, there will be excellent opportunities for participation and potential leadership in the following:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship program
- Ryan White–funded HIV clinic, multidisciplinary hepatitis C clinic, travel medicine clinic
- Clinical research unit: clinical trials in HIV, hepatitis C, and influenza, vaccines
The candidate should be BC/BE in Infectious Diseases, have experience in or training in Hospital epidemiology/Infection Control and be eligible for appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level at UMass Medical School.
Baystate Health is Massachusetts’ third-largest health care system, but it consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and health care organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.