Pediatric Critical Care Faculty Position
PEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE - FACULTY OPPORTUNITY
Baystate Health, an award winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Pediatric Intensivist to join our team at Baystate Children’s Hospital in Springfield, MA.
Features of this position:
- Baystate Children’s Hospital is a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center and member of the Children’s Oncology Group. Clinical research and QI outcomes research is encouraged.
- Our experienced team of 4 pediatric intensivists provides outstanding patient care in our 7-bed PICU and 6-bed Intermediate Care Unit. We also provide a pediatric sedation service.
- We manage a diverse patient population up to 22 years of age with wide variety of medical and surgical diagnoses. Excellent support from our top-notch onsite specialists across 13 pediatric divisions.
- We offer a combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts-Baystate. The Baystate Simulation Center provides fully-accredited world-class medical training facilities for learners.
- Our division greatly values teamwork, collegiality and work/life balance. Mentorship is provided for those early in their careers.
Baystate Children’s Hospital
Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA, and the only accredited children’s hospital in the region delivering a higher level of care to infants, children and adolescents. Equipped with 110 beds, including 57 bassinettes and the most advanced medical technologies, it provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services including children’s primary care, as well as subspecialties including behavioral medicine, cardiac care, diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nutrition, genetics, infectious diseases, pulmonology, neurology and surgical services. Additional pediatric conditions such as dermatology, rheumatology, weight management and eating disorders are also treated at BCH.
Quality of Life
The Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities.
Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.