Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a talented and compassionate Neurointensivist to join Baystate Health’s Department of Neurosciences and Rehabilitation at our main academic hospital in western MA.
This opportunity features:
- A TALENTED TEAM. 42 Neuroscience and Rehabilitation physicians and advanced practice clinicians who practice in a robust and state-of-the-art medicine with commitment to the highest quality patient care.
- GROWING PROGRAM. Level III Epilepsy Center with plans to build a dedicated epilepsy monitoring unit, and expansion of our neurosurgical services. Primary Stroke Center working towards Comprehensive Stroke Designation.
- SUPPORT AND COLLABORATION. Strong mentorship available, a collegial team, and the ability to participate in the education of medical students, NP and PA students.
- WORK LIFE BALANCE. Night call from home. 24/7 Neuroendovascular coverage and in-house coverage with advanced practitioner support.
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS.
Candidates must be BC/BE and fellowship trained in Neurocritical Care. Excellent organizational, communication and team skills are essential, with a strong commitment to quality, safety and patient-centered care.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.