Faculty Opportunity - Vascular Surgeon
This opportunity features:
- A HIGH-QUALITY PROGRAM. Truven Health Analytics named Baystate Medical Center (BMC) one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals. We were ranked third best hospital in Massachusetts by U.S. News and World in 2016.
- HIGH-VOLUME. We are a high-volume contemporary vascular surgery practice, one of the busiest in New England, and the only major academic medical center and level 1 trauma center for western Massachusetts serving 4 counties and almost 1 million patients.
- ROBUST AND GROWING PROGRAM. We perform the full spectrum of arterial and vein surgery including, complex open, endovascular and hybrid aortic surgery, a well-established vein practice, dialysis work and a growing multi-disciplinary and collaborative limb preservation program.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES. The Baystate Heart and Vascular Center was newly opened in 2012. We have 4 hybrid surgical/endovascular suites designed to accommodate complex surgical procedures, and 32 cardiovascular critical care rooms designed to create efficient, comfortable care environments for your patients. We have a large ICAVL accredited inpatient and outpatient non-invasive lab with satellites throughout the western region.
- FACULTY APPOINTMENT. A combination of clinical research with fellow, resident and medical student teaching, and faculty appointment to the University Of Massachusetts School Of Medicine. We are active participants in clinical trials and expect to have an accredited vascular fellowship program in the next few years.
- COLLABORATION. A large, collegial group of vascular surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, electrophysiologists, anesthesiologists, and radiologists dedicated to your success and patient-centered excellence.
Our intention is to maintain a 1 in 7 call schedule that affords great opportunity for professional growth and program development while maintaining a pleasing work-life balance.
This ideal candidate will have experience or extensive training in open and endovascular techniques. We have been very successful mentoring and on boarding new graduates.
The Heart & Vascular Program at Baystate Health in Springfield, MA, is among the best in the nation with respect to all quality metrics and patient outcomes.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.