Fellowship Director- Endocrinology at Baystate Health
FELLOWSHIP DIRECTOR – ENDOCRINOLOGY
Baystate Health, an award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Fellowship Director to join Baystate Health’s Regional Endocrinology Program in western Massachusetts.
Features of this opportunity:
- Lead our well-established and fully accredited endocrinology fellowship program with outstanding institutional support and deep resources available for your success.
- Join our team of 7 faculty physicians, 4 advanced practice providers and a strong support team to provide clinical education, coordination of divisional educational activities, and direct clinical care.
- Develop, revise and improve existing endocrine fellowship curriculum and oversee the fellows’ and residents’ clinical rotations. Generate topics for weekly endocrine grand rounds.
- Faculty appointment to UMass School of Medicine-Baystate commensurate with experience.
- 25% protected time for Fellowship Director role. Clinical responsibilities include primarily outpatient care with rotation for inpatient rounding.
This opportunity is available for ABIM board-certified endocrinologists with a minimum of 5 years practice experience in an academic setting. Passion for graduate medical education is essential. Good knowledge of ACGME is required and experience as an Associate Program Director is strongly preferred.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.