Associate Program Director & Clinical Educator Internal Medicine - UMASS-Baystate
Baystate Health, an award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a BC/BE Internal Medicine physician to join Baystate High Street Health Center – Adult Medicine and our residency leadership team.
This opportunity features:
- Joining a program leadership team dedicated to enhancing medical education through collaboration and innovation.
- An opportunity to teach outstanding Baystate Internal Medicine Residents and collaborate with the residency and fellowship programs to successfully train the next generation of physicians.
- A longitudinal clinical practice and commitment to a career in Primary Care Internal Medicine. This position offers a dynamic blend of primary care, teaching and quality improvement opportunities.
- An outpatient based practice with a team-based care model in a patient centric organization that cares for a culturally diverse and equally valued community.
- Working in a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home that is nationally recognized for its work in Academic Innovation, Patient Access, Highly Reliable Systems and Top Tier Quality.
- A faculty appointment to UMass School of Medicine and an opportunity to teach medical students from the UMMS-Baystate Regional Campus’ Population–Based Urban and Rural Community Health.
- Strong specialty support from Baystate Medical Center (BMC). Inpatient duties are covered by our 24/7 hospitalist team, our tertiary hospital and Level 1 trauma center BMC has been ranked the third-best hospital in Massachusetts according to the latest U.S. News & World Report ‘Best Hospitals’ rankings.
Candidates must be BC/BE by the American Board of Internal-Medicine. Role modeling of exceptional clinical, teaching, communication and leadership skills in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment is expected.
Our providers will tell you the reasons they chose Baystate Health are its unique work environment and culture. Here you are part of a collaborative team that values your expertise and wants you to contribute your ideas. At Baystate Medical Practices, our mission is to ensure that our entire community has convenient access to affordable and effective primary care. Our work is data, quality and performance improvement driven, and our providers are encouraged to participate on improvement measure teams. Join us in delivering a higher state of caring at Baystate Health.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.