Baystate / UMass- Community Emergency Medicine
EMERGENCY MEDICINE OPPORTUNITY
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician to join our Department of Emergency Medicine in western Massachusetts.
This opportunity features:
- Join our Eastern Region team at Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer MA and Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center’s stand-alone ED in Ware, MA (located 10 miles apart).
- Strong team of EM physicians, advanced practitioners and support staff who highly value their team-based environment. APs run our fast track.
- Close affiliation with Baystate Medical Center / University of Massachusetts School of Medicine. Excellent specialty backup on site and at nearby Baystate Medical Center, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center.
- BWH ED currently handles 23,000 visits annually. Renovations in summer 2017 will expand the ED to 24 bays, allowing us to manage 32,000+ visits. BML sees 16,000 patient visits annually.
- Join our 5-hospital emergency medicine service line which handles 208,000 visits annually. Strong central leadership provides excellent support and resources for our community teams.
Baystate Wing Hospital
Baystate Wing Hospital, now part of Baystate Health, has been serving patients in the Palmer, Quaboag Hills and Pioneer Valley region since 1913. The 74-bed hospital and its five community medical centers in Belchertown, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer and Wilbraham offer emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical and psychiatric services as well as outpatient services provided by more than 50 medical staff and 165 registered nurses. Baystate Wing Hospital’s network also includes the Griswold Behavioral Health Center and the Wing VNA and Hospice.
Quality of Life
Palmer, MA, just east of Springfield, is known as the town of five railroads. Settled in 1727, it soon saw development of lumber and gristmills, followed by textile manufacturing through the 1800’s. Today, the town’s original Union Rail Station is The Steaming Tender restaurant—one of many excellent eateries in Hampden County. Some 30 museums and galleries dot the area, and there’s an excellent selection of affordable homes in and around Palmer. Local private and public schools are good, and there are more than fifty colleges and universities within 50 miles.
In addition, the Quaboag Hills Chamber of Commerce continues to attract new businesses to the region. Families and outdoor enthusiast will also find much to do here. The ski areas of Bousquet and Ski Butternut are within an hour’s drive. Brimfield, Nipmuck and Ludlow State Forests and picturesque Quabbin Reservoir are also nearby, as are more than two-dozen public and private golf courses. Palmer Motorsports Park will soon host exciting sports car club racing, too.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.