Community Health Center Centro de Salude - Nurse Practitioner
Primary Care –Centro de Salud
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join Baystate Brightwood Health Center-Centro de Salud in Springfield, Massachusetts.
This opportunity features:
- Our team of 20 providers is dedicated to providing outpatient innovative and compassionate, comprehensive and community based care to the inner-city, predominantly Hispanic/Latino community. NACQ patient centered medical home.
- Care for a population with complex needs and health disparities with opportunities for community involvement. Great call schedule by phone only.
- On-site support from certified nurse-midwives, behavioral health services, opioid addiction treatment program, HIV medical care and support services, laboratory services, pharmacy and social services.
- Opportunity to precept Medical Students, Residents, Advanced Practitioner students.
- This position qualifies for the National Health Service Corp and Massachusetts State loan forgiveness program.
The ideal candidate will be a superb clinician with a strong commitment to working with our underserved community and comfortable with medically complex patients. The ability to function well as part of a medical team is essential. Fluency in medical Spanish is a plus.
Our providers will tell you the reasons they chose Baystate Health are its unique work environment and culture. Here you are part of a collaborative team that values your expertise and wants you to contribute your ideas. At Baystate Medical Practices, our mission is to ensure that our entire community has convenient access to affordable and effective primary care. Our work is data, quality and performance improvement driven and our providers are encouraged to participate on improvement measure teams. Join us in delivering a higher state of caring at Baystate Health.
Baystate Medical Center
Located in Springfield, MA Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second busiest emergency department, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and one of only 39 American College of Surgeons accredited Level 1 Comprehensive Education Institutes in the world. And recently, BMC completed construction on its new 600,000-sq. ft. “Hospital of the Future.”
Quality of Life
BMC is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.