Chief of Child Neurology- Baystate Health / UMass
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Chief of Child Neurology to join Baystate Children’s Hospital in Springfield, MA.
This opportunity features:
- The new Chief will have full institutional support to develop innovative approaches to enhance our inpatient consulting and busy outpatient program. We currently have a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neurophysiology service including routine EEG, ambulatory EEG and long-term video monitoring.
- Our ideal candidate is a clinician-educator with outstanding clinical and teaching skills, a track record of scholarly productivity in clinical pediatric neurology and/or education, and leadership potential. Having demonstrated academic excellence and professional leadership in his/her own career, he or she will engage other leaders and staff to enhance both academic and clinical growth. The new Chief will have the opportunity to recruit a junior faculty physician to the Division. Special consideration for those boarded in Neurodiagnostics to develop a comprehensive epilepsy program.
- Ability to promote scholarship, including clinical, QI and outcomes-based research and to provide scholarly mentorship.
- Practice in our beautiful new state-of-the-art outpatient facility which is home to 15 pediatric specialties. Excellent outpatient EEG lab, strong hospitalist, genetics, neuroradiology, and pediatric neurosurgery support.
- Combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with University of Massachusetts School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience.
Baystate Children’s Hospital
Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA, and the only accredited children’s hospital in the region delivering a higher level of care to infants, children and adolescents. Equipped with 110 beds, including 57 bassinettes and the most advanced medical technologies, it provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services including children’s primary care, as well as subspecialties including behavioral medicine, cardiac care, diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nutrition, genetics, infectious diseases, pulmonology, neurology and surgical services. Additional pediatric conditions such as dermatology, rheumatology, weight management and eating disorders are also treated at BCH.
Quality of Life
The Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, but its quality of life goes well beyond city limits.
Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and MASSMutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment.
The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities.
Living costs in Springfield are also 14% lower than the Massachusetts average.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.