Adult Outpatient Psychiatry- Baystate Wing Hospital
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate Health, is searching for a Psychiatrist to join our Department of Psychiatry at Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer MA.
This opportunity features:
- Join our psychiatrists and advanced practitioners in our multidisciplinary clinical teams at the Griswold Behavioral Health Outpatient Center.
- Strong nursing support is provided allowing physicians to focus on clinical priorities.
- Participate in the strategic expansion of our Psychiatry Residency Program to our regional hospitals. Teach residents and medical students at Baystate Wing Hospital with a faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts School Of Medicine.
- Proximity to Baystate Medical Center, our 716-bed academic tertiary hospital in Springfield MA, offers excellent collaboration with primary care providers and specialists in the region’s largest integrated healthcare system.
- Flexible hours. Call is negotiable and is compensated separately.
- Please inquire about student loan forgiveness options available for this position.
Baystate Wing Hospital
Baystate Wing Hospital, now part of Baystate Health, has been serving patients in the Palmer, Quaboag Hills and Pioneer Valley region since 1913. The 74-bed hospital and its five community medical centers in Belchertown, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer and Wilbraham offer emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical and psychiatric services as well as outpatient services provided by more than 50 medical staff and 165 registered nurses. Baystate Wing Hospital’s network also includes the Griswold Behavioral Health Center and the Wing VNA and Hospice.
Quality of Life
Palmer, MA, just east of Springfield, is known as the town of five railroads. Settled in 1727, it soon saw development of lumber and gristmills, followed by textile manufacturing through the 1800’s. Today, the town’s original Union Rail Station is The Steaming Tender restaurant—one of many excellent eateries in Hampden County. Some 30 museums and galleries dot the area, and there’s an excellent selection of affordable homes in and around Palmer. Local private and public schools are good, and there are more than fifty colleges and universities within 50 miles.
In addition, the Quaboag Hills Chamber of Commerce continues to attract new businesses to the region. Families and outdoor enthusiast will also find much to do here. The ski areas of Bousquet and Ski Butternut are within an hour’s drive. Brimfield, Nipmuck and Ludlow State Forests and picturesque Quabbin Reservoir are also nearby, as are more than two-dozen public and private golf courses. Palmer Motorsports Park will soon host exciting sports car club racing, too.
If you have a Doximity profile, you can one-click apply for this opportunity.
If you’re don’t have a Doximity profile, please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.